logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Dan Van Fleet
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 1, 2013 3:18:17 PM(UTC)
Dan Van Fleet

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
This is a topic from the old software, we transferred anything interesting from around 2010 to now.

Posted: 11 February 2010 at 4:55pm

One of my users is having a couple of different problems with ProForm.
We are using Windows XP and Word 2007.

First when she selects documents and then tells it to merge, an error pops up:

PFWIN-185
You have MS Word open at this time.  In order for the merge to continue, exit MS Word and then click OK on this dialog.

Word was not open, so I tried closing Outlook as well as Word and was able to get a little further along in the process.  However, then another error pops up:

PFWIN-143
Additional information (1):
Unable to run the specified macro.

Any suggestions??

Posted: 11 February 2010 at 5:55pm

You can't have Word or Outlook open when you want to word merge.  Yes, it's stupid and annoying.  

As for the macro problem.  Go into word and open the file SPWINMRG.pft.   Go to Tools, Macro, Macros, Organizer, highlight everything under In SPWINMRG and copy it to To Normal.  Save and close it and you'll be good.

Posted: 11 February 2010 at 6:14pm

Oh but you CAN have outlook open

Go into outlook,

Tools, Options, Mail Format
UNcheck the boxes for "Use Word to edit messages"  and
"Use Word to read Rich Text messages"

Still can't have Word open though

How come nobody replied to my post about Aggregate Adjustment?

Peggy

Posted: 11 February 2010 at 6:20pm

Yes, but I like Word to edit my messages.  That's just my own preference.  

I didn't see your post about Aggregate Adjustment.  Not sure I can help, but if you'll tell me what it was I'll give it a shot.

Posted: 11 February 2010 at 7:02pm

Disclosure:  I am not a Word user.

Recently, while using the WordMerge version of the Interim HUD, I would get the Word open message.  

I found that when I closed Word, it may be closed in the Task Manager/Applications section, but in the Task Manager/Processes section there was still a "winword" thingy process running.  After that was closed, the Word merge would work.

Your mileage may vary!

Posted: 12 February 2010 at 2:10pm

Jim -- that did it!  Thanks so much.

Posted: 11 May 2010 at 11:12am

I have noticed that if a Word merge fails even if it looks like word is closed I have to check my Task Manager for the "WinWord.exe" process.

Also there was an update at softprocorp.com that stated it fixed the outlook problem. I did not notice this in the notes after installing the update. I may have made some other changes in outlook too but mine is working now.  BTW my mail format is set to HTML.

Posted: 30 December 2011 at 1:25pm

Here's how I fixed WinWord.exe process problem and added softpro's word Macro. It should take care of the PFWIN-185 and PFWIN-143 error for you. 

1. Rename the Normal.dot file to Normal_old.dot it can be found in 
C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates 

2. Then in the same folder copy and paste the SPWINMRG.dot from the softpro folder in program files and rename it to Normal.dot 

After I did this WinWord.exe was no longer running in the processes list in the Task Manager after i closed Word. 

Hope this helps everyone out! 
Lee Eddy 
Guardian Title Company